The Director, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence is responsible for strategy development through business alignment. The role of business relationship management is key in the formulation of product development, strategy and platform advancement. Additionally, the Director manages the delivery and support which includes design, development, implementation and integration of data warehouses, data marts, and cubes.
* Establish strategic direction and create a road map for the enterprise business intelligence team
* Directs projects towards desired technology strategies and responsible for identifying opportunities for operational efficiency.
* Coordinate and implement data warehousing and business intelligence solutions
* Coordinate multiple developers who are responsible for the development, integration, administration and evolution of the data warehouse
* Facilitate and improve the communication between the business users and the BI team
* Work with the Business teams to understand project requirements and provide high-level estimate of the project effort and the cost used in cost-benefit analysis
* Identify present and future business development opportunities with new and existing business users
* Serve as technical lead as well as provide hands on design, development and implementation support for DW/BI team.
* Define BI strategy/processes for operations, technical architecture, hardware requirements, network requirements, server configurations and client configurations
* Design and document the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality
* Microsoft degree; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of Microsoft
* Minimum 8 years of experience in database design, specification, development and maintenance
* Minimum 5 years? experience in Microsoft SQL Server database development, administration, monitoring and performance tuning
* Minimum 3 years of experience in maintaining data models and reporting packages in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
* Ability to train and mentor staff in the use of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems
* Ability to participate actively in the annual planning process, including developing and executing individual work plans, evaluating and providing feedback on plans
* Experience in developing ETL processes for Data Warehouses/Data Marts
* Experience utilizing Kimball method of Data Warehousing a plus
* Knowledge of best practices and software development process (full SDLC)
* Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues
* Attention to detail and good analytical skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work extended hours when needed
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people ? it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-###-#### to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
**Location:** Richardson, TX
**Date Posted:** Fri, 07 Jun 2019
**Employment Type:** Permanent
**Job Reference:** 04030-#######462
**Staffing Area:** Technology Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data integration, data management, data quality, database, etl, hbase, mongo database administrator, sql Associated topics: data analytic, data architect, data manager, data management, data scientist, erp, hbase, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.